UELMA is seeking applicants for the position of Executive Director
The Utah Educational Library Media Association is seeking an Executive Director to manage the affairs of the association, including conferences, workshops. Cover letters, resumes and a list of three references can be sent to UELMA President Jessica Moody at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should be submitted by July 25, 2014.
The UELMA Executive Director reports to the UELMA Board of Directors. The Executive Director is responsible for the business affairs of the organization and the timely initiation and completion of organizational activities including, but not limited to, planning of a fall workshop and a spring State wide conference, publishing a quarterly newsletter, maintaining the UELMA web site, and maintaining the association's membership records. The Executive Director collaborates with the Board, state agencies and other organizations to formulate, organize and execute strategies for the promotion, continuing education and advocacy of school librarians and library aides in Utah.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. The Executive Director serves ex-officio as a non voting member of the UELMA Board of Directors.
2. The Executive Director schedules and makes arrangements for Board and committee meetings
3. The Executive Director keeps a register of all members of the association, and is responsible for emailing membership notices prior to the conference to each UELMA member or potential UELMA member.
4. The Executive Director is responsible for official communications.
5. The Executive Director notifies all administrators and school library media personnel concerning the annual UELMA Conference and other workshops and events.
6. The Executive Director is responsible for registrations at all UELMA Conferences and Workshops.
7. The Executive Director is directly involved in the everyday operations of UELMA, including the maintenance of all association business and organizational records.
8. The Executive Director shall be a member of the Finance Committee.
9. The Executive Director shall receive, bank, disburse, account for, and report all funds of the organization at each board meeting.
10. The Executive Director shall prepare an annual report to be presented to and approved by the board.
11. The Executive Director shall prepare and file all federal and state tax reports.
12. Executive Director shall be ex-officio member of all committees.
13. The Executive Director shall serve as Parliamentarian.
14. The Executive Director oversees the preparation and publication of a quarterly electronic newsletter, including the maintenance of the email address list.
15. The Executive Director oversees the development, maintenance and improvement of the association’s web presence, including the website, Facebook presence and Wiki sites.
16. The Executive Director prepares an annual budget for Board Approval and controls expenditures to that budget.
17. The Executive Director works with the Nominating Committee to manage the election process and tally the votes.
18. The Executive Director updates and maintains manuals, policy documents, officer directories and similar documents in accordance with the UELMA Constitution and distributes them to all incoming and sitting Board members.
19. The Executive Director maintains an electronic Board member reference book, distributes the book to incoming Board members and conducts individual incoming Board member orientations.
20. The Executive Director consults with the President, Executive Committee and Board of Directors to ensure all association activities are in accordance with the UELMA Constitution and in compliance with all state and federal laws and regulations.
21. The Executive Director will represent the President and UELMA to and with outside groups as assigned.
22. The Executive Director will perform other duties and assist in other projects as assigned by the Board of Directors.
• Knowledge of basic business practices including accounting and tax reporting.
• Knowledge of template based website management programs.
• Database management experience, familiarity with MS Access
• Demonstrated commitment to school libraries and to advocacy on their behalf.
• Degree in education, library science, business, public relations, communication or other related field.
• Evidence of experience in marketing, promotions and advocacy
• Evidence of experience in website design and maintenance
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a collaborative and collegial organization
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
The annual contract value is $5,000.00 with an estimated commitment of 20% full time equivalency.